Friday, December 22, 2006

Entry #14: Week 16 Preview

Hey there lonely strangers, it’s been a long day and I finally got a chance to sit down and let you know what would happen in week 16 if I were playing. It’s great to get off my feet and sit here at the Cheesecake Factory while munching on Firecracker Salmon Rolls and sipping on a Gin Rickey.


As I said, it’s been a long day. I woke up around 10 which usually means I’d have to rush to eat Andrea’s corn beef hash, down some OJ for my daily Vitamin C intake and run off to practice. However, since I won’t be joining the team in St. Louis, I was able to slowly enjoy the savory flavor of Andrea’s cooking. After a good few hours of eating and watching Cold Pizza, I was ready to take on my Friday.


The bulk of my day was spent sitting in front of my PlayStation 3 and simulating Week 16 on Madden 2007. Knowing these are quite scintillating, I thought I’d sit and watch so I can report on these for my first weekly preview. I simulated a game with Jason and a game with yours truly…here’s what happened:


Redskins v. Rams with Jason: This was quite the nail biter. Down 14-7 going into the 4th, JC leads a nice drive down the field and hits Lloyd for a 29 yd TD pass to tie it up. Rams respond with bruising drive to take the lead 21-14 with 1:05 remaining. Time to work a little TC magic, unfortunately I’m helplessly watching on my futon. JC runs up the middle for 19 yards, gets up and spikes the ball. An inexcusable sack on 3rd and 5 sets up a 4th and 11. Time for Al and Gibbs to call the most important play of the game. In a move that can only be explained by draft position, a handoff to Betts gets 10 yards...Game over. Jason completed a whopping 6 passes. However, one of the TDs went to Chris, so I’m sure we had a fun cyber hot tub afterwards.


Campbell: 6/13, 107 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 82.4 Rating, 3 sacks
Moss: 2 catches, 62 yds
Lloyd: 2, 38 yds, 1 TD
Cooley: 1, 1 yd, 1 TD

Redskins @ Rams with TC: I think Madden picked up on how disinterested I’ve been lately because I did not bring it. Knowing I’ve been demanding a trade to the Giants, I’m pretty sure Al was calling his “D” game from the sidelines. First pass of the game and the remarkable happens, Virtual TC throws a virtual interception – I have to question the "realistic" nature of this game. Anyway, I only finished about half before I ate too many Christmas cookies and fell asleep Al Bundy style.

Collins: 1/12, 12 yards, 3 INTs in one half.

But, if the Virtual TC is anything like the Real TC, yours truly, then he no doubt led the Skins to a dramatic comeback victory in the second half. Sorry Skinheads.

Todd Collins
#15

No comments:

My Home

My Home
This is the birthplace of Todd Collins