I figured that the most realistic predictor of what might happen was using Madden '08 for the PS3 to help me simulate the upcoming game against New York. Furthermore, I feel as though I can check out the defensive schemes the Giants might throw at me. TC, being both a scholar and an athlete, truly prides himself on extensive film study.
- The Giants come out of a large helmet, take the ball, and proceed to march 80 yards for a TD on the opening drive. The final blow was delivered on a 19 yard TD pass from Manning to Shockey. Yours truly answers back with a masterpiece that Bob Ross would be proud of. Three straight passing plays start off the drive, and a critical third down 22 yard rifle to Santana Moss puts us in range for a 2 yard Portis TD...7-7. A 10 yard strike to to Moss makes it 14-7 at the end of the first quarter.
- Skins pouring it on. 28 yard TD by Clinton Portis. 24-20 at halftime, as the defenses are still out partying New York style.
- This game is so intense that I had to put my helmet on while I sit here watching. 31-30 good guys headed to the 4th quarter
- TC to Cooley...again, 38-30. Ay-yi-yi, the Giants are making our defense look like we're playing the Pats and it's 38-36....eh, make that 44-38 after a Clinton fumble. Looks like its TC magic time in the 2 minute drill.
- If there's anything that i've learned from this game, it's that Madden '08 is almost identical to the real thing. The realistic - TC puts up a 102.9 QB rating, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. The unrealistic - TC fails to complete a 2 minute drill resulting in a 44-38 Redskins loss.
To finish my preview, I would like to conclude that while TC had a big game, my teammates failed to pull their weight. Sorry folks, but there is only so much I can do. However, the interception-less streak will be alive and well and going on 11 years. Lastly, although we lost in the Madden '08 preview, I'd like to point out that the magic of my undefeated streak since 1997 will complete the drive and lead us to a 45-44 victory, most likely on a TC-sneak with no time left (as demonstrated above).
Well, I've studied the defense, drank a few pina coladas, burned some incense, listened to the Grateful Dead, eaten the entire 5-5-5 from Dominos and made myself a better QB in the process. Therefore, it's time I take off. Be sure to check out my live in-game updates from the sidelines this Sunday...